Find your dream job here!
Autonomous Driving Software Engineer
Published: 2022-07-01 | Last Application Date: 2022-12-18 | Average salary for System developer / Programmer ~46 500 kr46500SEK | Job Type: Heltidfull time
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for an Autonomous Driving Software Engineer to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
About this role
As an Autonomous Driving Software Engineer, you will be working on our Autonomous Driving stack. You will work with a diverse, highly focused team developing high-quality software that powers the next generation of our autonomous boats operating in complex open water/sea and harbor environments.
- Contribute to the development related to boat dynamics and control and support other team member in such areas, e.g. adaptive cruise control, urban driving, trajectory planning, emergency maneuvers (collision avoidance, mitigation), etc.
- Design technologies needed to build Autonomous Driving software stack, lead/assist control and boat modeling software modules integration to overall autonomous software stack.
- Design and implement drivers for different sensors like, cameras, thermal cameras, radars, lidars and ultrasonic sensors.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with other software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Monitoring and measuring development KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Working in AGILE environment
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience writing C++ code in a production environment -- unit testing, code review, algorithm performance and tradeoffs, architecture, etc.
- Solid knowledge in Embedded Linux
- Solid knowledge in Docker for x86 and ARM architecture
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in Qt development
- Experience working with ROS
- Experience in different Continuous Integration (CI) platforms
- Experience in GitHub Actions
- Exposure to modern software development version control and project management tools - Git, Jira, etc.
- Strong English written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in Cameras, Lidars and Radars
- Experience in ROS2
- Experience with safety-critical, real-time mobile autonomous robotic vehicles
- Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 90-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our brand new Headquarter in Frihamnen, Stockholm. Working language is English.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Available Jobs i Stockholm