Head of Global Medical and Scientific Experts to Galderma
Publicerad: 2019-12-06 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2020-01-15 | Snittlön för Utvecklingschef ~0 kr | Anställningsform: TillsvidareFULL_TIME
Do you want to be part of the largest independent company focused on dermatology? Do you want to be a key driver for the Galderma Aesthetic Global Medical Affairs Strategy? Then this can be the role for you!
The Global Medical Affairs department in Uppsala, Sweden, is responsible for providing specialist medical and scientific support to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and Galderma staff. We are directly involved in the strategic discussions and decision-making regarding new data generation, publications and other forums for sharing of information about our aesthetic products or best practices. Our work is focused on four areas: medical education and training, publications, clinical studies (Phase IV and IITs), pipeline and global medical affairs strategy.
About the role
As Head of Global Medical and Scientific Experts, you will lead the medical and scientific strategy of the Medical Affairs department for the aesthetics business unit (GBU). Reporting to the Global Head of Medical Affairs, you will be the manager for a team of three Medical Science Advisors. In addition and as a senior resource, you will provide medical insight and support of the Aesthetics GBU activities, both internal and external. The role is located in Uppsala, Sweden and can require about 25% of travel.
As Head of Global Medical and Scientific Experts, your main responsibilities will include:
* serving as the key medical resource and lead for the Medical Science Advisors, members of the Phase IV clinical team, and the study strategy and publication team
* serving as the lead for management of Investigator Initiated Studies (IISs)
* liaising closely cross functionally to ensure strong strategic support
* performing review and presentation of clinical data to support publications, claims and other medical affairs activities
* reviewing promotional material
* key Medical Affairs interface with the Safety, Regulatory, Clinical Development and Quality teams
* managing resources and priorities for your team
* You have a PhD or MD with a strong preclinical background
* You are fluent in English (written and oral)
* Minimum of 7 years in a global pharmaceutical and/or medical device company in Medical Affairs and Clinical Development
* Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally and building alignment among stakeholders
* Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of international regulations and GCP of medical device and/ or pharmaceuticals
* Demonstrated experience in developing protocols, and conducting phase IV studies; experience in Medical Affairs study strategy
* Demonstrated experience in critically reviewing and analyzing scientific data, and have demonstrated ability to outline and write scientific papers and compile regulatory and technical documents
* Prior leadership experience of guiding teams is preferred
What we offer
As Galderma’s Global Center of Excellence for Aesthetics, we have in Uppsala a unique edge as we have on our site the whole product chain from early development to production and marketing. Here our 450 employees work on our world leading brands such as Restylane®, Azzalure® and Sculptra®.
We are offering you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and international environment, where both professional and personal development is encouraged. We are based in modern offices and located just by the river (Fyrisån) in Uppsala, only a 10-minute bike ride from Uppsala central station.
We welcome your application in English (CV and letter) via our company website www.galderma.com/job-search. Apply as soon as possible though no later than January 15, 2020. The selection process is ongoing. We look forward to reading your application!
Should you have questions about this opportunity you are welcome to contact the HR department on [email protected]
We wish to inform you that Galderma can conduct pre-employment security checks for specific positions or activities. This security screening is performed by an external supplier after approval from applicants.
Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio to treat a range of dermatological conditions. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically defined and medically proven innovative solutions for the skin. For more information, please visit www.galderma.com.