Assistant professor in Economics
Publicerad: 2019-12-06 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2020-02-10 | Snittlön för Universitets- och högskolelektor ~47 800 kr47800SEK | Anställningsform: TillsvidareFULL_TIME
Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is one of four schools within Jönköping University. We offer an international and team-oriented workplace with competitive education programmes, across Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels, as well as a thriving research environment and many opportunities for personal development. Our mission is to advance the theory and practice of business, with specific focus on entrepreneurship, ownership and renewal. Our guiding principles are: international at heart, entrepreneurial in mind and responsible in action. JIBS is double-accredited, by EQUIS and AACSB.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
JIBS offers its academic staff opportunities to develop in a truly international environment which attracts talented researchers and motivated students from all around the world.
JIBS provides an atmosphere that values high-quality teaching and research and it is internationally accredited for the quality of its programs.
The Discipline of Economics at JIBS is expanding, providing unique possibilities for new colleagues to contribute to the development of the discipline. It is seeking candidates for two permanent full-time positions for Assistant Professor in Economics starting in August 2019. One of the positions gives preference to candidates who have the capacity and willingness to teach macroeconomics at the advanced level[A1] . Candidates should have a strong interest in teaching and in doing research that will be influential for both academics and practitioners. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, as well as a clear interest in an academic career.
The holders of the positions will be a part of the Discipline of Economics at JIBS. The work tasks contain teaching activities at the Bachelor and Master level, along with research and other services to JIBS that are related to the position. Both positions have a strong teaching orientation, with teaching distributed over the different parts of the academic year and performed primarily in English. The holders of the positions are expected to apply for externally funded research grants and to contribute new knowledge that strengthens the JIBS brand. A high priority of the Discipline of Economics at JIBS is to have a strong academic and collegial milieu, so frequent attendance at the workplace is an important element of these positions.
You hold a PhD in Economics (or equivalent academic competence) or have such a degree by the time of hiring. You have documented teaching and research experience and have taken a course in teaching and learning in higher education (or are willing to take such a course within the first two years of employment). You have a strong research profile. Furthermore, you have proven abilities to interact with business and society and have demonstrated an ability to plan, organize and prioritize work effectively. You are fluent in written and spoken English and have excellent communication skills.
It’s meritorious if you have:
- Teaching experience equal to the equivalent of 1 year full time of employment.
- Experience from leadership in academia, public sector or industry
- An academic network and collaboration with other scholars
- Experience in the coordination and development of a course
- Experience from applying for and obtaining external funding
In the selection process, we will put emphasis on the person’s ability to take initiatives, being autonomous and flexible as well as having the ability to co-operate with colleagues. The criteria to be an eligible candidate include the completion of a PhD in economics or closely-related field (including dissertation) at the time of hiring. If the necessary PhD is not completed by the time of application, the expected date of completion must be verified by Dean/MD at the institution granting the exam. You should be willing to contribute to a dynamic academic environment by spending most of your working time at JIBS and be willing to get established in Jönköping.
For full eligibility requirements, see https://ju.se/download/18.55eae5ad16dbf214c0c8d82/1571059865284/Regulations for employment of teachers at JÃÂÃÂ¶nkÃÂÃÂ¶ping University ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Appointment Procedure.pdf.
The positions are permanent and full-time with an initial probationary period, starting as soon as possible or as agreed upon.
Deadline for applying is 10 February 2020.
Your application should include
- a personal cover letter that describes your interest for the position (max 1 page);
- a complete CV and publication list, including contact information for three professional references;
- a copy of your PhD thesis;
- an attested copy of PhD degree certificate/diploma;
- a description of your research interest and profile. Include up to three of your most relevant publications and a brief declaration of your research approach and intention (max 2 pages);
- a description of relevant teaching experience (max 2 pages), including sessions and courses (in all levels and types of education), personal teaching approach, style or philosophy and contributions to innovations in education.
- if the doctor degree is not yet completed: a statement from the Dean/MD of the institution verifying that there is a decision regarding the date for when the doctor degree will be completed.
Jönköping University is a modern institution, characterized by internationalization and an entrepreneurial spirit. We attract highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We develop new knowledge and share our expertise through solid collaborations with industry and business, the public sector and other higher education institutions. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit www.ju.se
Lediga jobb i Jönköping