Västra Götalands län
Lediga jobb i Göteborg ❭❭
Target Validation Lead, IMED RIA Sweden
Publicerad: 2018-12-03 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2018-12-31 | Molekylärbiolog Lön: Not Specified | Anställningsform: Tillsvidare/HeltidFULL_TIME
Are you ready take on a leading part in our thrive towards transforming patient treatments? Do you want to join a team with excellent scientists in an environment where absolutely everyone can thrive?
The RIA Target & Translational Science (TTS) department is an agile environment, with a science and patient-focused culture. Our mission is to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level, identify the most effective target and the right patient population and close the gap between bench science and bedside clinical practice.
As Target Validation Lead (TVL), you will get the opportunity to play a key scientific role, building mechanistic understanding of the target and disease through creative application of experimental methods and technologies. You will be part of the Precision Medicine Discovery team, seeking to lead the human validation of our targets, identify Proof-of Mechanism biomarkers and deliver the line-of-sight for the target to clinic.
Depending on your previous background and experience, the seniority level of the role can be adapted. We are looking forward to learn how you will share this journey with us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you are both project and laboratory based, with the critical accountabilities of identifying and enabling Proof-of Mechanism biomarkers to demonstrate target engagement at First-Time-In-Man (FITM). Furthermore, you will lead the pre-clinical target validation strategy from TSID. By collaborating with other co-workers, you will provide projects with the expertise needed as well as continuously strengthen the link between targets and disease phenotypes and endotypes by bringing precision medicine propositions to the clinic.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Delivery of preclinical human validation of target, such as in vivo models, cell types, tissue
* Responsible for the design, execution, interpretation and reporting of human Target Validation studies
* Identify and develop PoM biomarkers, Decision Making and other Exploratory Biomarkers
* Responsible to align biomarker strategies with the clinical development plan
* Responsible for deliver of robust assays in accordance with required regulatory standards
* Builds department mechanistic understanding of target and disease
* Works in close collaboration with other groups and colleagues to select relevant biomarker platforms, new technologies and methods to enable target validation e.g. CRISPR, Lung-on-a-chip technologies etc
* Stay updated with current developments in the literature and identify leading improvements in technologies
* Mentoring junior scientists to develop their skills and improve their potential
* Contribute to AstraZeneca visibility by publishing papers in internationally recognized journals as well as internal and external presentations
* Aligned with relevant company policies and ensure that industry standards are applied
* Contribute to a deep understanding of own function as well as overall AZ R&D objectives
We expect you to be a positive person with a can-do attitude, also respecting individuals with different skillsets and knowledge. You collaborate closely with other teams to drive efficiency and take advantage of knowledge and experiences, with an eager to learn in each interaction.
* PhD or equivalent experience with a background from basic science related to respiratory research
* Broad understanding of relevant technologies and approaches
* Excellent scientific laboratory skills and ability to experimentally address key scientific questions
* Strong publication record
* Proven delivery in biomarkers and target validation and their application to drug discovery
* Extensive knowledge of the Respiratory therapy area and disease biology
* Proven experience and knowledge of the biological basis for target engagement biomarkers
* Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills resulting in a broad network
* Post-doc experience in relevant field
* 10 years of work experience in pharmaceutical R&D, from lead identification through clinical trials
* Experience and proven understanding of biology, pharmacology, translational medicine and clinical sciences, with pre-eminence in at least one of these areas
If you are interested, apply now
For more information about the position please contact Katerina Pardali,
Welcome with your application no later than January 1st.
Information about life in Gothenburg visit www.movetogothenburg.com
Respiratory is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas. Our aim is to transform asthma and COPD treatment through inhaled combinations at the core of care, biologics for the unmet needs of specific patient populations, and scientific advancements in disease modification.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
2018-12-10Medellön: 32400 kr Lund
2018-12-07Medellön: 30900 kr Lund Prognos: Balans
2018-11-30Medellön: 30900 kr Uppsala Prognos: Balans
2018-11-29Medellön: 41400 kr Stockholm Prognos: Balans
2018-11-27Medellön: 32400 kr Göteborg
2018-11-26Medellön: 41900 kr Göteborg
2018-11-20Medellön: 41400 kr Örebro Prognos: Balans
2018-11-14Medellön: 39000 kr Göteborg
2018-11-12Medellön: 41400 kr Malmö Prognos: Balans
2018-10-29Medellön: 33700 kr Köping
©2018 Statsskuld.se / NameTyper Est. 2002